11 October 2008

Tonight's Games

Usually, but not right now.


I'm still trying to figure out a catchy title for this, so again, if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. Anyway on to tonight's game.

Kazmir vs. Beckett
Beckett didn't pitch too well in his division series start, but Kazmir really didn't either. He just got away with a bit more. Hopefully for the Red Sox, the extra days off will help Beckett, but I still wouldn't expect him to be sharp. My guess is that he'll be better should there be a Game 6. Kazmir struggled in the second half, but his start in the division series was better. He still gave up 8 hits and 2 walks, but he found his way out of jams. He'll have to be better than that tonight. Who has the edge? I say Kazmir, but I only say that because I'm not sure Beckett is really ready to get back at it. If this was a healthy and polished Beckett, he's the no-brainer, but he had some serious rust against Los Angeles. Kazmir and the Rays pull the series even tonight.

No comments: