07 October 2008

No Game 5's

The Rays are the only team I am cheering for, but will I choose them to get to the World Series? Wait 'til later.


So ... I was wrong. Completely wrong. It's been known to happen. The Rays won behind a sparkling showing from Andy Sonnanstine, and Gavin Floyd utterly embarassed himself. Who's looking for the Ozzie quotes? Then, the Red Sox took Game 4 from the Angels behind a great start from a formidable Jon Lester and late-inning heroics. Nice job youze guys.

A couple thoughts. First, if the Rays win the World Series, do people finally realize that pitching and defense really do win championships? Second, if the Red Sox win again, will they be as hated as the Yankees? It always seems like they get mostly love from everyone. The Patriots used to be cheered, but now, everyone hates them. Third, does anyone else hate Harold Reynolds as much as I do? Does anyone know if he's announcing any games on FOX because I don't want to suffer through him anymore?

I would like to note that I was 3/4 on the first round, so let's see how I do in the Championship Series. Something tells me I get none right.

No comments: