11 October 2008

Hank Back at It Again (Part 2)

Perfect. Just perfect.


Asked if he had taken a step back in the running of the Yankees, Hank Steinbrenner quickly said:

There is one very important point here. The most important thing to remember is this: If you didn't get it from me or my brother [Hal], it doesn't mean [anything]. I don't care about some piss-ant employee. If you don't get it from me or Hal, it's meaningless. I have a lot of things [in Tampa] and Hal is in New York, which is good.

Thank you Hank. That clears things up. However, it also points out his real role in the organization. If he's in Tampa but his brother and team are in New York, what exactly does Hank do (honestly, I think Tampa works more with the farm system, but I'm still not sure that Hank actually does any real work)? Anyway, another good quote:

I told Hal, if you live by the press, you die by the press. I didn't live by my own words.

Well, no.

No comments: