Well, I was kinda right about yesterday. Lester had a bad day, although worse than I thought he'd have, but the Phillies did win, although Blanton didn't pitch particularly well. About Lester, I think he's earned enough respect for people to not think he choked, and for the most part, people seem to see this for what it is: too many innings. He's just tired. We can argue about innings and the causes of injuries, but it's safe to say that Lester is just tired. Then again, everyone has bad nights. It doesn't matter how much you want it and are not afraid of it. Sometimes, you just don't have it. That was Lester last night, and the Rays grabbed a 2-1 lead. Who would have thought? As for tonight's game:
Wakefield vs. Sonnanstine
The Rays are the worst team for Wakefield. They're fast, and I imagine every time they get on, they'll steal 'til their heart's content. His knuckler won't keep them on first, and Cash won't either for that matter. Sonnanstine actually seems to match-up fairly well with the Red Sox. He throws strikes and changes speeds. What he lacks is a true out-pitch, but he should still be effective. I don't know that either will last too terribly long, but I have a feeling the Rays will win their third game in a row.
14 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment