Prince Fielder is now on the market. I still think a Fielder-for-Cain swap is pretty even and that the Giants should do it, but whatever. Other suitors?
Yankees
Aren't they always in the talks? Though I'm not sure they want to give up Hughes for him, I would.
Orioles
What young pitching do they have? Could they entice the Brewers with George Sherrill? Who takes over as Baltimore's closer?
Twins
The Twins have young pitching and could put Fielder where he belongs: DH.
A's
They definitely have young pitching and a need for power. Again, they would probably put him at DH, but Barton isn't immovable.
Angels
They are always in these discussions, but while trying to re-sign Tex or just letting Kendry Morales have at it, I doubt the Angels seriously bite on Fielder. It's not impossible though.
Giants
I definitely see a match here. Cain for Fielder. Or two of the minor leaguers they have for Fielder. Either way, the Giants need him.
28 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment