Here are some quick hits this morning. I'll have more on this afternoon, but I'm off to an Ale-8-1 factory tour. It's better than it sounds.
- Tim Wakefield's perpetual option will probably be picked up today. For $4M, it's really a no-brainer for a guy who made 18 quality starts last season.
- The Rays are staying positive about their future. While they may be better next season, they won't win as many games.
- AJ Burnett will decide by Monday whether or not he'll opt-out of his contract. I wait on the edge of my seat.
- Phil Rogers has his take on how to shorten the season. I'll use his words, "Many people advanced many ideas during the down time weather delays caused in Philadelphia. We listened. We heard 'em all. We rolled our eyes."
- An up-to-date list of free-agents. The odd thing is that it's from the Detroit Free Press, and the Tigers have no business worrying about free-agents.
- Ray Rotto thinks the World Series was a classic. I do believe he's in the minority on this, but then again, he writes for the A's. To him, that was good baseball.
- Andruw Jones wants to come back and finish his career as a Brave. I thought his career was already over.
- Ken Macha is the new Brewer manager. It wasn't such a tough choice when the other two were Willie Randolph and Bob Brenly.
- Phillies prove doubters wrong. Aren't there always doubters?
- The headline: The Marlins Trade Jacobs for Relief. That can be taken so many ways.
- Richard Justice thinks the Astros have a blueprint for rebuilding the team through the farm system like the Rays and Phillies (how many articles like this has everyone seen?) because trading all your prospects for Jose Valverde, Miguel Tejada and Randy Wolf is a good way to rebuild from within.
- Bob Brenly is staying with the Cubs. I think the phrase "forced because no one else wants him" should be somewhere in there.
- Josh Byrnes likes his team. I think most do as well.
31 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment