26 October 2008

Instant Replay ... the Last Time, I Swear ... Maybe ... I Can't Guarantee Anything

I didn't like the call either Jaime, but I wouldn't fight for replay to have changed it.


So after watching what has been a relatively poorly officiated World Series, how many people want instant replay used in more situations than just home runs? Or has no one watched enough to care? Did anyone care that Moyer didn't get an out when he made such a great play? It did result in a run, actually two if you want to get technical. Did anyone care that Longoria's tag on Rollins didn't result in an out? It did result in a run. I'm just saying. If you want instant replay for home runs because you want the right call made, maybe we should consider doing it for all plays. Now, had Boston, either of the New York teams, or any of the LA teams had this happen to them, would we care? Maybe we wouldn't. But what makes home run calls so much more special than these plays? They resulted in runs scoring that shouldn't have. They could have been prevented. They resulted because umpires were in a bad position to see the call. Cameras would fix that, wouldn't they? Or, are we done fretting about dumb things because we actually have something else to worry about that is more important, like the economy?

No comments: