Like I did the other day with Halladay and Lee, I'm going to give you an unbiased view of the NL Cy Young race. It's basically between Tim Lincecum and Brandon Webb (let's just assume Dempster doesn't get it if Lincecum doesn't). So, let's look at the stats.
Tim Lincecum - Brandon Webb
Wins: 17 - 22 (Webb 1-0)
Losses: 4 - 7 (1-1)
ERA: 2.46 - 3.24 (Lincecum 2-1)
Games: 32 - 33 (2-2)
Games Started: 31 - 33 (Webb 3-2)
Complete Games: 2 - 3 (Webb 4-2)
Shut-outs: 1 - 1 (Webb 4-2)
Innings Pitched: 215.2 - 219.2 (Webb 5-2)
Hits: 172 - 200 (Webb 5-3)
Runs: 65 - 91 (Webb 5-4)
Earned Runs: 59 - 79 (5-5)
Home Runs: 10 -13 (Lincecum 6-5)
HBP: 6 - 10 (Lincecum 7-5)
Walks: 77 - 63 (Lincecum 7-6)
Strikeouts: 243 - 176 (Lincecum 8-6)
Wild Pitches: 16 - 8 (Lincecum 8-7)
Stolen Bases: 19 - 24 (Lincecum 9-7)
Caught Stealing: 2 - 9 (Lincecum 9-8)
Pickoffs: 0 - 1 (9-9)
WHIP: 1.15 - 1.20 (Lincecum 10-9)
SLG: .312 - .333 (Lincecum 11-9)
OBP: .294 - .301 (Lincecum 12-9)
BAA: .220 - .243 (Lincecum 13-9)
K/BB: 3.16 - 2.79 (Lincecum 14-9)
BB/9: 3.21 - 2.58 (Lincecum 14-10)
K/9: 10.14 - 7.21 (Lincecum 15-10)
H/9: 7.18 - 8.19 (Lincecum 16-10)
WPA: 5.06 - 3.73 (Lincecum 17-10)
BABIP: .306 - .297 (Lincecum 17-11)
GB/FB: 1.23 - 2.97 (Lincecum 17-12)
DP: 23 - 25 (Lincecum 17-13)
Quality Starts: 25 - 24 (Lincecum 18-13)
Doubles: 36 - 31 (Lincecum 18-14)
Triples: 3 -2 (Lincecum 18-15)
VORP: 72.1 - 40.0 (Lincecum 19-15)
Well, Lincecum won a bit more convincingly than Lee did, but as you can see, the battle between Lincecum and Webb is a bit closer than I think most realize.
23 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You forgot the stat about the team that's in the playoff race because of the pitcher's performance.
Just kidding, we've been through this. Lincecum will have plenty of chances at the award. And I think it would be great to see a multiple winner of the award who isn't a Maddux/Clemens/Johnson type of guy. It would kind of set a precedent.
And yes, I concede the Cardinals season. And Albert's MVP, because they're going to give it to someone else.
I'm glad to see you've given up on your delusions about the Cardinals, but I wouldn't give up on Pujols. He's getting the publicity right now.
As for the stat, I actually thought about putting it in, but my morals wouldn't let me. ;)
Honestly, as I've said before, I wouldn't mind if either won it.
Post a Comment