13 September 2008

Cashman Being Diplomatic

Damn Yankees


Brian Cashman stated that the Steinbrenners have the right to restructure their organization in any way they wish. This is good because the Steinbrenners do own the team, and they do have the right to organize the team in any idiotic way they choose. In the article, Cashman seems at peace with their decision, but you have to know that he's really pissed under it all. He knows he (and only he) is being undermined here. No one else really seems to be at the heart of it. But the Yankees have to know that Cashman has every right to walk away from the insanity. Honestly, I think this is best. It seems like Cashman is slowly being pushed out, and Hank seems to want to play General Manager while Hal sits in the office watching over the money. Whether or not I think Cashman is a good GM (I'm kinda in the middle), he doesn't deserve this treatment, much like Torre didn't deserve it the year before. It really seems as though the Yankees are alienating a lot of people lately. Will that come back to bite them?

No comments: