
Maybe we'll see a mega-blockbuster with the Indians getting these two for the entire Indian farm system. It makes sense on some levels, not so much on others.
Despite the fact that the Rockies could get a lot for both of these players, doesn't
this go against them "competing"? I haven't really looked at the farm system, but the Rockies would be giving up two premium guys that could help them next year. Stewart would come in at third, and he could do a very good job (although probably not as good as Atkins would next year). Dexter Fowler seems to be the farm replacement for Holliday, but he doesn't scream left fielder offense. I guess the Rockies would get a good outfielder back in one of the deals (wouldn't it be great if the Rockies traded him to the Pirates and got Snell and Pearce?), but you're definitely giving up offense there. Also, if you wanted to trade Holliday, shouldn't they have done it by the deadline? If they weren't willing to give up a lot then, they probably aren't now. Granted, more teams could technically get involved in the offseason, but I don't think the Rockies will get a lot more now than they would have then.
Oh yeah, the Rockies still thought they were in contention. Oops.
I guess I shouldn't be too harsh considering the Astros are attempting to make me eat my words.
No comments:
Post a Comment