25 September 2008

Marte's Calf Injury Ends His Season

No, you have to hit it where they ain't in order to run the bases.


Just in case no one has a clue about whom I am talking, Andy Marte used to be the best prospect in the Atlanta organization. He was so good in fact that the Braves traded him straight up for Edgar Renteria. Marte was later traded to Cleveland where he's spent the last few months trying to play third base. His career line is .211/.265/.315 during his stints in Atlanta and Cleveland, so he's never really panned out. Once Casey Blake was traded, the third base position was all but his for the last two months. Needless to say, that didn't pan out. Somehow, I see him traded/released over the offseason or in Spring Training, and he still has some potential considering he's only 24. I guess you can just chalk him up as another AAAA player. For now, he has a calf injury that ended his season.

No comments: