
Here we go. Who wants to go down the creepy tunnel first? How far does the rabbit hole go?
Anymore cheesy movie lines people can think of?
I knew
this would happen. You start instant replay, and then people call for more of it. If Jayson Stark is calling for it, you know others are thinking it. I never said that the replay system wouldn't work, but I did say that it would lead to more and more. It's not the 2 minutes it took to overturn/uphold (I don't really care which) A-Rod's home run last night. It'll be the 2 minutes every time they want another call challenged. Maybe there won't be a call every night, but if you give them a challenge system, the managers will think, "Well I better use it at some point right?" What are you going to take away from them, a timeout? I could see taking away a trip to the mound, but when you're the hitting team, it doesn't really affect you very much. If you don't limit it to challenges, they'll protest often. Then, you'll wait 2 minutes three times a game. Granted, that's only six minutes, but I think you'd get bored the same way we all do when football games have these problems. A home run is pretty easy, but is a trap? How long will it take to view that to figure it out?
Maybe I'm just a purist. I don't know. I just don't see what all the fuss is about. Umpires make mistakes. Hell, coaches make mistakes. Can we go back and review their bad decisions and start the play over? Sure, I'll be pissed when a call doesn't go the Braves' way, but I won't call for more replays (unless it's instituted, in which case I'll call for it all the time to make everyone else suffer).
Rant over. I'm sorry you read this, but this thing gets me riled up for some reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment