20 September 2008
Jo-Jo Reyes
Usually when I have a headline like this, it's a good thing. Not today. Jo-Jo Reyes lost again last night, and there have to be serious doubt about his ability to be a good starter in the majors. What do the Braves do with him. I wouldn't send him down because he's already proven he's better than any AAA competition. He seems like he's that AAAA pitcher. Another thought would be to put him in the pen. The only problem with that is that he's worse in the first inning than he is any other time. His line is .300/.367/.563 in the first inning, and that doesn't look good for trying him in the bullpen. However, after 31 major league starts, his ERA is 5.89, so he can't really stay there either. I wonder if the energy and adrenaline of coming in like that would help do better in the first inning he pitches. He's left-handed, so he could be a very valuable bullpen arm. That way, he could use his best two pitches and leave it at that. Would that help? I'm not sure, but if he doesn't do well in Spring Training and his first few starts afterwards, I would think about moving him to the 'pen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment