15 September 2008

Crede's Locker Cleaned Out

Still waiting ...


The White Sox cleaned out Joe Crede's locker as the third baseman continues to come back from back problems. Reportedly, it's because the White Sox feel like Boras and Crede are teaming up to draw out the rehab process. They say it's to prevent another injury, but I don't really buy it. Why would you not run back out there to prove to teams that you're worth the money? Does he really want a one-year contract with little money? Somehow, I really don't seem to think anyone really wants to pony up the money for him. I realize there isn't much in free-agency, but Hank Blalock, Garrett Atkins, Melvin Mora, Kevin Kouzmanoff, Jorge Cantu, Adrian Beltre, and Alex Gordon all seem to be potential candidates via trade. With the exception of Blalock, most of those guys have better injury track records and could be as productive.

Another part was a mention about Josh Fields having a disappointing season. Well, how would you feel if you hit 23 HR in 100 games the previous season in the majors and still lose your job to a guy with injury issues? I'd feel pretty unwanted, blocked, and dejected. Anyone else think that might be a problem. Granted, Crede has been fairly productive in his major-league career, but Fields had to feel pretty hopeless down there in AAA.

No comments: