05 September 2008
Don't Listen Baltimore Fans
When considering next year's destination, Randy Wolf won't necessarily choose the West Coast to be near his home. The past two seasons, he has chosen the Dodgers and Padres, but he doesn't notice a major difference in his life as a result. That could be terrible news if Mark Teixeira happened to be listening. Baltimore fans desperately want to bring him in, but if Teixeira realizes that it doesn't really matter where he plays (or that he can make his home anywhere), then Baltimore loses everything, every advantage it had. Not that I believed the Orioles had a chance in hell of signing him, but being his hometown was their advantage. Still, it is interesting to hear how being able to live in his home really didn't make a difference in his life. I guess when you're traveling for 6-8 months of the year, it doesn't really matter. In the offseason, you go home anyway. I never really thought about it, but it makes sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment