21 September 2008

Willis for Lugo?

His mugshot from his arrest for talent fraud.


Jon Morosi is wondering about a trade between the Red Sox and Tigers where Dontrelle Willis and Juilo Lugo would switch teams. Lugo, although hammered in the press, has a .268/.355/.330 line that really isn't far off from his career norm. The really big drop is in his slugging percentage, but more frequent playing time and lack of injuries usually takes care of that. Defensively, he's no good, but people seem to have their worst defensive times in Boston. He could still be somewhat useful to the Tigers, especially if he stays healthy. That leads me to the injustice of this deal, what does Boston get back?

Seriously, Willis has really plummeted. Could he bounce back? I guess, but if I'm Theo, I expect something else back from the Tigers, even if it's just a throw-in prospect.

No comments: