06 September 2008

Maybe I Was Wrong ... Maybe

Let's not forget the other reason we aren't allowed to like the guy. Why is it that professional athletes (including Bobby Cox) never seem to have these incidents stick to their reputation?


So Brett Myers just continues to mow down hitters. Maybe that stint in the minors really did him some good (he'd be one of the few). Since the Break, he's made 8 starts and had a 1.78 ERA while being one out away from going an average 7 innings over those starts. Pretty impressive, and it appears as though he'll continue to help the Phillies in their quest for the NL East crown (I can't believe I'm cheering for the Phillies). Still, it is only 8 games, so I'm not going to apologize for my earlier critiques of him. I'd still like him to finish the season this way and pitch like this next season. If he does, I'll be the first to admit my mistake. For now, I'll give him a hand while making sure he's not joshin' me.

No comments: