07 September 2008

Mr. Pickles Should Have Been First

Good ole' Mr. Pickles.


The San Francisco Baseball Giants were the first to bring up their first-round pick from this year's draft, but surprisingly, Buster Posey was not that man. Instead, former-Wichita State third baseman Conor Gillaspie became that man. Nothing really against him, but he only hit .269/.352/.344 in Rookie/A ball this season. In contrast, my man Mr. Pickles (Brett Wallace for those who did not catch my earlier post on him) has hit .337/.427/.530 in A/AA ball, and he's played even better in AA. Again, he's worth watching for next season if he continues to play so well. Anyway, I just thought I'd use this time to point out how well Mr. Pickles is doing so far.

Now, should Gillaspie be called up? Well, he didn't hit too well in A ball, so initially, I'd say no. But, there's really no harm in bringing him up to see how he does. If he doesn't do well, you can send him back down. If he does well, then you can keep him up. It's not like the Giants are any good anyway.

No comments: