29 September 2008

Man Up

Yes you will. Yes you will.


I have to say I'm not really sure that CC Sabathia deserves the Cy Young for pitching one half in the NL, but after manning up for the past week to pitch twice on three-day's rest, he has impressed the heck out of me. You know a guy's a serious competitor when he puts his team on his back and carries them. Granted, with his size, ... I shouldn't say that. That's mean. Anyway, he really stepped up in a big way yesterday to help his team win the Brewers. In all honesty, I'm not sure why I'm gushing so much about the guy, but I'm not sure how many other guys carried their teams as much this season. Albert Pujols? Carlos Quentin? Justin Morneau? Dustin Pedroia? Those are just maybes.

Does Sabathia prove that four-man rotations are possible, or is he just the exception? Can he really handle all the workload, or will he break down next season? Interesting questions started by a man refusing to let his new team down. Well done CC.

No comments: