29 September 2008
Question Mark of the Day
Kyle Lohse just signed a 4-year, $41M contract to stay with the Cardinals. Why is that surprising? First, he was 15-6 with a 3.78 ERA in 200 IP for the Cardinals this past offseason. Second, his agent is Scott Boras. Somehow, I think he would have commanded a larger salary on the open-market, but I guess Lohse might be the one guy to say no to Boras. Good for him if he did, but he probably passed up about $8M by sticking with the Cardinals. For the Cardinals, this is a pretty good deal. Lohse will be 30 next season, so he's not too old. He'll fit right in with Wainwright and Lowe (did I say that? Who else thinks Dave Duncan will push for this guy?). If Carpenter is somehow healthy (which doctors believe he'll be ready by Spring Training), then that would be a really good rotation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment