30 August 2008

Chris Dickerson

You can see how highly the Reds viewed him in Spring Training.


Since joining the Reds a few weeks ago as a result of the Adam Dunn trade, Chris Dickerson has been a man on fire. In 15 games, he's hit .328/.406/.672 with 4 HR and 7 2B. In the meantime, Adam has hit .294/.493/.490 with 2 HR and 4 2B. It seems the trade is working out pretty well so far for the Reds. Huh, what's that? Small sample size? Yeah, I know. It's just nice seeing a guy who played in Louisville doing a good job in the major leagues. By the end of the year, Dickerson will be hitting something closer to .289/.373/.504. Still, I like him and think he can stick in the majors for a few years, but the question becomes whether or not the Reds keep him there. We'll see. Anyway, I figured no one really pays attention to the Reds, so I figured I would share a Reds story that doesn't include failure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris Dicekrson is no better than Corey Patterson. He's afraid of the ball and dives in at the last minute when he thinks it's safe. His bat is in the hitting zone for such a short time that he'll never hit over .220 Speed is pretty useless if you can't get on base. There are lots of center fielders and the Reds should not let him ruin such a promising team unless they want to wait another 15 years to get to the playoffs. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Nice Throw