
No, you still need a few more fingers to count your losses.
Barry Zito combines with two pitchers on a
seven-hit shutout of the Braves. WTF?!? Zito goes 7 while giving up five hits and 2 walks with 3 strikeouts. I mean, I love the Braves, but seriously, Zito? In a season, especially second half, where runs have been hard to come by, this is the time to friggin' get some back. He doesn't throw hard. His curveball is loopy. Just hit the ball! Okay, Mark, calm down. I don't get it. The Braves lost Teixeira, but we still have a lineup. Chipper and McCann are still there, but Chipper's been rather unspectacular since his average dipped under .400 and McCann just can't do it all the time. They shouldn't be this bad. However, I've been watching the games this season, and they have never seemed interested in the game. Certain things such as not throwing to the right base, dropping relay throws, and generally not doing the little things (Will someone teach Escobar to bunt for God's sake?!?) have been abundant. They don't even seem interested, and since the Teixeira trade, they seem less interested. I know it's hard. I was playing my brothers in cornhole yesterday, and when I got down 12-3 (my mom tries but is not a good partner), I just didn't feel like it. I wanted the game over so the next one could begin. I think that's all the Braves feel. Guys like Johnson, Francoeur, and Escobar aren't necessarily having the years they thought they would, so they just want next year to start. Do I keep watching this? Is it worth it? I still want to watch and cheer them no matter how much they suck, but it would make me feel better if it seemed as though they cared.
I guess the only thing that makes me feel better about today is that Zito hasn't been all that terrible since the break. I choose to believe that Zito is just re-discovering himself (like
Christy Brinkley apparently) and not that the Braves just suck that bad/don't care that much.
No comments:
Post a Comment