29 August 2008
Interesting Thought
I was reading Rob Neyer's blog about Mussina and his 20 wins. Hall of Fame stuff aside (we can b**** about that later), he notes that Mussina's last start would feasibly come at Fenway Park with 20 wins on the line. Neyer goes on to point out how it could still be possible for Mussina to get 20 wins (with which I agree), but he states how easily it could come against the Red Sox because the Red Sox may be resting their regulars for the playoffs. Who here thinks the Red Sox would start their normal lineup just to spoil a Yankee's season? Seriously, when was the last time a team just gave up a game to their bitter rival? Something tells me the Red Sox would know what was on the line, and each of those regulars would joyfully hop into the lineup to keep Mussina from getting 20 wins. It wouldn't be because Mussina is a bad guy (for the most part, I like the guy) but because he's a Yankee. Fair or not, I doubt the Red Sox give Mussina a get-out-jail-free card.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment