
Okay, so I'm bored this afternoon, so sue me (no, not you Shyster). Anyway, I was looking at the standings and playing around with it. I see the run differential column, so I find the date switcher-thingy and turn the clock back to last year. Here's what I found:
Tampa Bay Devil Rays --> -169
Tampa Bay Rays --> + 54
Uh, what?!? I guess dissociating yourself from Satan tends to turn things around.
Arizona (2007) --> -30
Arizona (2008) --> +25
And they're worse now.
St. Louis (2007) --> -103
St. Louis (2008) --> +31
And that's with a no-name pitching staff and Pujols missing a few weeks.
San Diego (2007) --> +52
San Diego (2008) --> -111
Going the wrong way. Make a U-turn at SigningguyslikeEdmonds and go straight towards GettingBurrell.
Chi Sox (2007) --> -93
Chi Sox (2008) --> +66
Oh, that's what happens when John Danks pitches like a former top prospect. Now I get it.
LA Angels (2007) --> +68
LA Angels (2008) --> +49
And they're better now?
Chi Cubs (2007) --> +44
Chi Cubs (2008) --> +143
Now, that's impressive.
Boston (2007) --> +129
Boston (2008) --> +107
They're worse because Manny left.
Oakland (2007) --> + 11
Oakland (2008) --> +15
Damn, that's consistency for you. Too bad they don't have a better record.
San Fran (2007) --> -7
San Fran (2008) --> -90
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what happens when we take you off steroids.
Toronto (2007) --> + 39
Toronto (2008) --> + 41
Sorry Oakland, you lose the contest by two runs.
The Yankees almost have identical records (63-51 to this year's 63-52).
Most of this just shows us how things change in a year. Younger players get better. Older ones get worse. Injuries suck.
Braves fans hold out hope. We can be next year's Rays. Now to remove the Devil from Devil Braves.
No comments:
Post a Comment