14 August 2008

All Good Things Come to an End


The Roman Empire. The Holy Roman Empire. The Hapsburg Ring. The Ming Dynasty. The Incan Civilization. And now, Brad Ziegler's scoreless streak. I commend the man for going 39 innings to start his career without giving up a run, but we couldn't expect this to go on forever, could we? Anyway, the most hated Ray in Oakland? BJ Upton for hitting the home run to end the streak. At least, it wasn't a dinky bloop into center. At least, it was an authoritative blast over the fence. I could live with making a mistake, but I'd be pissed if he hit a great pitch just over the second baseman's head to bring in the run.

Now, the question becomes where does he go from here. Does he stay dominant and act like this is a bump in the road, or does he fade into obscurity never to be heard from again?

No comments: