17 August 2008

KLaw Explains It All

Who pictures Keith Law like this?


I never really understood everything about the draft, but Keith Law explained what the difference between major league contracts and minor league contracts when players sign out of the draft. In the meantime, he also explains all about service time and how that leads to free-agency. I understood the service team leading to free agency (six years at 172 days a year), but he does a really good job explaining everything. At first, I really didn't like KLaw all that much because I thought he was kind of a ... well ... arrogant jerk, but after reading him for awhile, I realize that he has strong opinions. While I may not agree with it all, at least he has good reasons for it. I'm not sure why he is not working on a team now, but I think he should probably get a chance. Then again, maybe he doesn't want one. It might be a bit more cushy with less responsibility at ESPN.

No comments: