
We all knew it. The Braves sort of knew but refused to completely acknowledge it. Now, Jeff Francoeur finally admits it. He stinks. I feel for the guy. I really do. He went from being a promising young player to outcast in a matter of months. I've continued to believe that he can turn things around, but I can't say I have been entirely patient. It's hard be patient watching your team lose because they can't consistently drive in runs and know that Francoeur is a large reason why that is. That being said, this season is not Jeff Francoeur's fault. Braves fans can't give up on him. Trading him now is just selling low. DON'T LET HIM BE JERMAINE DYE! Jeff seems to think he worked out too much and put on too much muscle in his chest. When I was the equipment manager for my high school team, a guy put on about ten pounds, and his chest showed it. The problem is that the extra muscle restricted his motion. Here's the thing I don't understand though about Francoeur. He hit 29 home runs as a 22 year old. So it stands to reason that he didn't need to add muscle to hit for power. Also, does anyone know where you should add muscle? I would think your legs and lower half would be the best, but I'm not sure. I'm not going to write him off. I refuse to. Call me optimistic. Call me illogical. But Mark (see I can have fun with my name, too) my words, Jeff Francoeur will be a very valuable major leaguer again.
Interesting note: He hit a home run tonight after he says he's been losing weight over the last few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment