27 August 2008

Braves Rally to Win

I haven't seen this in awhile, and it may be awhile until I see it again.


Normally, I wouldn't write about a specific game, but last night's game was so unusual that I had to. First, it was a one-run win (9-8). Second, they came back from two four-run deficits (6-2, 8-4), and with how much offense they haven't had, that was huge. Third, Francoeur had two hits and two RBI's (now, if he had just done this all year ... okay, enough with the ifs). Fourth, Jair Jurrjens pitched a bad game. Fifth, Jurrjens had pitched well lately but still lost, but tonight (probably his worst of the year), he gets the no-decision. Sixth, McCann wasn't in the lineup to help with the offensive outburst.

It's nice to see the Braves haven't completely given up. This gives Bobby a brief reprieve from my "Sh*t List", but it won't take long for him to get back on. If he wasn't Bobby Cox, would he be fired by now?

Also, Kotchman wasn't in the lineup again. He's on the bereavement list due to his mother's illness, and it makes me wonder if he shouldn't just stop for the year because I wonder if he'll be too distraught to play well. If so, playing badly would just make things worse, wouldn't it?

No comments: