05 August 2008

Joba Hurt


Joba hurt his shoulder last night against the Texas Rangers in the fifth inning. I watched it happen, and it didn't seem too bad. He wasn't freaked out or anything, but what the hell do I know? Tim Hudson wasn't worried about his elbow either. This could make things interesting for the Yankees as Wang isn't back yet, and no one is really sure if he'll be back. I predicted yesterday that a key Yankee would get hurt, but I didn't think it would be him. Just goes to show you how baseball works. At one moment, you're fine and cruising along, and the next, you give up a three-run homer and hurt your shoulder a batter later.

By the way, Hank Steinbrenner criticizes the MLB for continuing with a stupid, ancient rule made up in the 1800's that they have to play 9 innings. "If we didn't have to play nine innings, then my pitcher wouldn't have gotten hurt. It's a dumb rule made up in the 1800's, and it needs to stop. We should end the game after 4 innings."

2 comments:

Ron Rollins said...

That's why I love Hank. Regardless of what most people think, he is good for baseball.

Because he makes the rest of remember that's its not actually life or death after all.

tHeMARksMiTh said...

That's true. I don't think he's bad, just stupid and arrogant. It's what happens when you grow up in the lap of luxury. In reality, he's just an easy joke that I can constantly use, and with all the things he's done, I don't have to run any of them into the ground.