Duh. Who would've figured?
I've already commented on how I don't like instant replay, but my stance has changed a little bit. First, I've come to grips with the fact that instant replay will happen, and there's no use complaining about it. Second, why only for home runs? Why not plays at the plate? I've seen wrong calls there before. I'm not being sarcastic or "slippery slope" here. I genuinely want to know why only home runs. If it is, it shows that Selig and the MLB is only reacting to pressure and the outcry over a few miscalled home runs. Third, to be "slippery slope", what would've happened if this happened last year? Would we see the "slippery slope" take effect after a Matt Holliday slide? Fourth, don't you think they should have taken a bit more time to go through this? They should've taken at least the postseason and offseason to consider the possibilities and ramifications of adding this on. In doing this in about three months, they've hurried this along to appease everyone, and I can't wait for the first boos when the umpire takes too long even though he correctly overturns the call on the field. That'll be priceless. I hope it happens to the Mets. You complain about it not being there, but when it interrupts the game and takes too long, you know you're going to complain. But oh well, let's see if you were careful for what you were wishing.
22 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment