12 August 2008

Steinbrenner Says Injuries Are Reason Why Yankees Are Where They Are


Probably true as the Yankees have too much talent, but then again, they aren't bad anyway. In another division besides the AL East and West and the NL Central, they'd either be winning the division or close. One quote I like is "No team I've ever seen in baseball has been decimated like this. It would kill any team." Yes, you are correct Mr. Steinbrenner about the decimation, but let me introduce you to the Braves and Cardinals. Both of them have lost a majority of their team this season. Anyway, I do have to give him credit as this is the most responsible thing he's probably said all season. They are too old and injury-prone.

Another thing, he mentions, "If we need to add a top veteran pitcher, we'll do that. We'll do whatever we need to do. Next year we'll be extremely dangerous." He's right about that, too. If they add Sabathia, which there's no reason they won't, they will be extremely dangerous. A rotation of Sabathia, Wang, Chamberlain, Moose/Pettite (I'm saying they bring back at least one), and Pettite/Moose/Hughes (maybe both) would be the answer to their biggest weakness this season. Now if they had just coughed up Kennedy for Santana things might have been different this season. Just think: Kennedy, Cabrera, and a prospect they won't use anyway could be holding the Twins down instead, and then they wouldn't have to go and fight for Sabathia this offseason.

No comments: