21 August 2008
Dude ... Matt Joyce
How many of us have heard of Matt Joyce? I saw a Tigers game with him, but I haven't paid any attention to him otherwise. Anyway, he's an outfielder for the Detroit Tigers, and he's done really well. For the season (60 games), his line is .276/.335/.580 with 12 HR, 31 RBI, and 13 DB. For 162 games, that would be roughly 32 HR, 83 RBI, and 32 DB. Pretty good, and he's in his first year at age 24 (just turned on August 3rd). Add Brent Clevlen who is raking at AAA Toledo, and Magglio OrdoƱez may find himself the odd-man out if the Tigers want to really cut costs next year. Oh, he would bring back pitching, pitching, and maybe some offense, too. Anyone else think this is a good idea? Or am I freaking out about small sample sizes? Probably the latter, but don't think the Tigers haven't thought about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment