A nine year old throws too hard? Apparently, the kid throws 40 mph, and the youth league he plays in banned him from pitching. Banned him. He has never hit a batter, but the adults are afraid he might hurt someone. Next, someone will not let a kid play football because he's too big. Come on people, this is ridiculous. I really hope another youth league comes in and lets him play there. It has to be the adults behind this because no kid can hire a lawyer to bring this up (yes, a lawyer is involved). Sometimes, parents worry too much. I understand you don't want your kid to get hurt, but by letting him play sports, you know that can happen. The very nature of sports leads one to think a kid can get injured. Honestly, I'm more worried about the flamethrower hurting his shoulder/elbow than I am about a kid getting hit. Absolutely dumb.
The worst part? The kid feels bad because he thinks this is all his fault. I hope some people feel like crap for doing this to a kid. He feels bad! Because he throws harder than everyone else. He should be ecstatic, but because some stupid parents are afraid to let the kids play and risk something happening, he's upset and thinks he is the bad guy in all this.
RIDICULOUS!
26 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You know, parents like that are just as bad as the ones who scream at the umpire or badger coaches.
They're trying to impose their will on the game, and not let the kids play.
Its probably the parents of a team that got beat, or they "fighting for the championship" with.
Pathetic.
Post a Comment