Well, Obama won in dominate fashion last night. I voted for him, but god only knows if he really is what this country needs. I guess we'll find out over the next four to eight years.
- Dmitri Young was outrighted to AAA. He had to accept in order to keep the final year of his contract. I guess it still works out for Young considering he will make $5M, but he might want to go somewhere he could actually play. Then again, where would that be?
- Add Nick Swisher to Ken Williams' trade list. He's a nice bounce-back candidate after a .251 BABIP season.
- Some rumors around the Royals are here, but all of them involve low OBP guys coming to Kansas City. Come on Dayton. Ron, close your eyes and plug your ears.
- The Indians haven't ruled out anyone in their search for a closer. I still think they'd be better off bringing in a Juan Cruz or other reliever while using Jensen Lewis in the closer role, but it might be the surprise of the off-season to see them land Francisco Rodriguez.
- Scott Boras has a new position: Detroit GM. Talk about conflict of interests.
- A day late and $22M short, AJ Burnett opts out of his contract. Now, that's the shock of the off-season ... that he waited so long.
- Towers has cut his list to three, but who's first? Dodgers, Cubs, or Braves?
- The Angels are about to make their bid for Teixeira and will ask for a prompt response. Good luck.
- Raúl Ibañez says it's too early to tell where he'll land. Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta.
- The Rangers pitchers are going through conditioning camp. Maybe they should have a conditioning camp for fans so they can make it through long innings and pitching changes.
- The Rays and Mets are in talks about Sonnanstine and Jackson. Would a Ryan Church-for-Edwin Jackson trade work? Is Ryan Church healthy enough?
- The Marlins might bring back Pavano. So, let me ask this: if he pitches well for one year, will the Yankees offer him another four-year deal?
- Carpenter had more surgery. It's never a good thing that the fact that your ace had surgery surprises the team.
- Doug Melvin says the CC offer is legitimate, but I guess we'll see.
- Nick Piecoro says the Mets aren't interested in Orlando Hudson. I doubt it because the reason they aren't "interested" is that they can't unload Luis Castillo.
- David Wayne thinks the Cardinals should sign Renteria. He has had his best seasons in the NL, but you have to wonder if he's getting too old to play such an important position.
05 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I want to scream!!!!!!!!
WTF are they doing?
I'm serioulsly thinking about giving up on the Royals. I've been following them and going to games since '72.
But I can't take anymore of this. How can I take this team seriously if the team won't take the fans seriously
They don't have any clue what is going on in the leadership department. That's why Brett and all the former greats are disassociating themselves and won't take meaningful positions with the team.
They are one trade away from my furling the flag!
I'm sorry Ron. There's really nothing you can say to all that except you just hope they are just rumors. Hopefully. Granted, I would like Frenchy for Greinke :)
Post a Comment