- Joba's sorry about his DUI. What's interesting to me is that his story takes up maybe 1/3 of the article and free-agency takes up the rest. I guess we know what's important.
- The Swisher trade makes getting Teixeira easier for the Red Sox. Wishful thinking.
- The Yankees are still waiting for Mussina's retirement decision. Everyone else looking for starting pitching hopes he comes back. Not that they want Mussina. They just want what the Yankees are supposedly about to make huge bids for.
- Mark Cuban has been charged with insider trading. Maybe he can ask Martha Stewart for advice.
- The Mariners will pick a manager by the middle of the week. The losing begins in April.
- Carroll Rogers is relieved about not getting Peavy. The one thing I don't understand is how you can worry about a 27-year old's elbow and then assume Derek Lowe (36) is going to be perfectly healthy. I'm not saying there's an equal chance both will get hurt (I don't know the science, body scans behind it), but there's a decent chance Lowe's contract will end up much worse than Peavy's. Also, don't bring guys on your team because they were nice to you once. I like Dempster, too, but I'm a little more worried about him than AJ Burnett.
- Another Pujols vs. Howard article. My guess is that Carlos Quentin wins. That's the guy that plays for Arizona, right?
- An interesting array of comments about the NL MVP race. One guy had Pujols fifth. Really?!
- Still nothing up about the Pirates at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. If not for a random thing thrown in about a special assistant, we would be on day 12 of nothing about the Pirates.
- Remember Ben Davis? He's now a pitcher in the Reds system.
- The Randy Johnson Top 10 as a Diamondback. I can't believe the bird wasn't number one.
- The Phillies hired an Oriole front-office man. Um, shouldn't that be the other way around?
- Vote more for Dave Cameron!
- The Holliday trade was more lopsided than I thought.
- Some interesting free-agent matchups.
- Here's the man who didn't vote for Joe Maddon for MOY. At least he voted for Ron Gardenhire. I can live with and agree with that, no matter how many people want to disagree with me.
- Pujols over Howard.
17 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment