08 November 2008

Saturday Sagas

How do you keep your balance?


Sorry about not posting on here lately, but school, again, has taken my soul and my time. Thursday was terrible as I found out I have two things due on Tuesday that I thought were due the following Tuesday, so I have spent free time the past two days working on those instead of writing on here. But then again, I've also gone to a movie and played a few hours of Guitar Hero: World Tour with friends over the past two days. I guess, in other words, I took a break, but it really felt more like a forced break instead of a voluntary one. Anyway, back to some links.

- I've got to admit this was a good headline: Mariano Says Sí Sí to CC. It's corny, but it got me.

- I'm not really sure where this came from, but I thought it was kind of funny and impertinent to the story.

“And if I had been mayor, I would have banned private vehicles in downtown Boston,” Lee said. “We would have all been walking, we’d all be cross-country skiing and we’d all be in better shape. And if we were all in better shape, there’d be no parking and (Boston parking czar Frank) McCourt would never have been able to buy the Dodgers and Manny would never have gone to LA.”

- This sounds like dejavu: Teams Interested in Crisp.

- Well, this could be interesting. Danny Baez starting. Doesn't he realize he got hurt relieving (that sounds kind of weird if you think about it)?

- The White Sox want to add speed to their lineup. The question is if the team has speed but no one gets on to use it, does it make a noise?

- Dayton Moore says Jacobs will be the Royals' only major acquisition. Maybe someone should give him the definitions to "major" and "acquisition".

- Bob Feller is still "kicking it" at age 90. Say what you want to about his mouth, but arm was awesome.

- Tigers won't sign any long-term shortstops. Can't or won't?

- Is Casey Blake the answer for Minnesota? I see a let-down coming. On another note, the Twins are inquiring about Yunel Escobar. My question is who do the Braves get back. Kevin Slowey? Delmon Young?

- The Angels stopped talks with Vladimir Guerrero. I think I would, too, but it also tells you just how big of an offer the Angels are about to make to Teixeira.

- Isn't it weird how journalists are bashing some of the Gold Glove awards. I mean, someone had to vote for them, didn't they?

- Dave O'Brien keeps looking at the Braves-Peavy situation. I agree, "Please, let it [the trade talks] end."

- The market for closers will make things easier for the Mets because the other top financial teams have closers. The thing is that those closers are still better than K-Rod.

- The Phillies are looking at Matt Holliday. Who is going to be left in their farm system?

- The Cards are looking at Matt Holliday as well. Shouldn't they spend their prospects on things they actually need?

- Mark Cuban is still interested in the Cubs. Masochist.

- You got to give them credit for pride: Pirates' McLouth Awarded for Defensive Excellence.

- The Giants aren't trading Cain, period. Olney says they should add CC instead. That would be a great rotation.

No comments: