20 November 2008

Thursday Thoughts

You'll be missed Mr. Mussina, but it's been a good ride. Cooperstown ... 2017?


Sorry about the nothing on here yesterday. After being told to read 60 pages over the weekend, my Spanish teacher decided to give us 220 pages to read in two days, so I spent about 4-5 hours trying to finish a Spanish book and get the jist of it. That wasn't fun, but this is.

- Mike Mussina is retiring. I know a lot of people want him back for another year or two, but I really believe the man just made the best decision of his life, other than you know ... deciding to play baseball and become obscenely rich.

- Coco was traded for RamRam. Again, I ask ???? Why did either team do this? I guess I can see Boston getting a reliever and losing a contract they didn't need, but a position player for a reliever? On the Royals side, I'm really questioning Moore's sanity. Maybe there's a master plan, but I, unfortunately for Royals fans, do not believe there is one.

- Moore's reason for Coco trade: it gives them more flexibility. So does Jacobs.

- Should baseball announce its awards earlier. I agree with this guy.

- Would you trade Carlos Gomez or Denard Span? Personally, keep both and watch every fly ball caught that enters their domain, especially with the statue in left.

- The A's are still in on Furcal, and the owner makes a dumb suggestion about improving the playoffs. Leave it alone folks.

- Another Angels prospect was released from Winter Ball. Fortunately, this time it was planned.

- The new Mariners' manager thinks the team has a lot of good, young talent. You shouldn't start your tenure by lying.

- Dave O'Brien can't stop talking about Peavy, and therefore, I can't stop thinking about it. Wonderful.

- Daniel Murphy is headed back to New York for an MRI on his knee. Doesn't sound like his transition to second base went too well.

- The Phils might be interested in Raúl Ibañez. So, to beat the Phillies you just need a few good lefties. Got it.

- Chase Utley's hip needs surgery and will be out for the first few months of the season. Good start to the offseason for the Phillies.

- Another interesting middle-relief signing. Anyone know how much he's getting paid. If it's over $1M, I'll go off on another reliever rant.

- Welcome back, Ryan Dempster. Your manager is already calling you out.

- The Giants are looking to make CC an offer. Can you win games -1-0?

- Day 14. Now, there's one story about the Pirates even on the page, and it's on the bottom.

- Brian Giles still expects to be in San Diego at the beginning of next season. I guess we'll see.

No comments: