Granted, I'm sure someone can just color it in, but why get a tattoo you can't see? Why didn't he even check it out before he left?Not too much going on this morning, but it is Saturday morning. Still, most people are trying to get ready for the GM meetings in which nothing of substance will probably happen.
- Hank says the Yankees will go after Manny. I guess this means they won't.
- Peter Schmuck says the Orioles shouldn't go after Teixeira. I agree, but imagine a young lineup in a couple years of Nick Markakis, Mark Teixeira (in his prime), Adam Jones, Matt Wieters, and Nolan Reimold.
- Jamie Samuelson believes the Tigers should stick with Ramon Santiago at short until Cale Iorg is ready. Ramon Santiago finally had on OPS+ over 100 with 129, but that was only in 124 at-bats. Iorg hasn't even played above A-ball so they'll likely have to deal with Santiago there for at least a year and a half. But they really can't afford any free-agents, so I guess they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.
- The A's declined the option on Embree. Good boys. Now sign him for $1M for his veteran "leadership".
- Hank Aaron's childhood household is being restored. Can they also restore the Braves to the mid-to-late 90's edition?
- Jimmy Rollins is already smack-talking. Generally I would shame on this, but he's been right an awful lot lately. Still, the Mets are more than one person.
- Utley dropped the F-bomb during his speech yesterday. Go PH***in' Phillies!
- A Cubs tattoo with "Go Cards" in it. Nicely done sir.
- The Pirates have gone to South Africa to find a shortstop prospect. Huntington did say he would try "everything".
- David Bell will be the new manager for the AA Reds team. Well, he played for awhile in the majors. I'm not really sure why, but he did. I think "storied baseball name" is a bit over-the-top.
- The D-Backs are just looking to plug holes. I still think they are the favorites to win the West next year. All they have to do is win like 85 games, right?
- Nick Canepa doesn't think the Padres should trade Jake Peavy. He rattles off some names like Roberto Alomar and Ozzie Smith, but for every one of those, you have Adam Eaton and Akinori Otsuka. Granted, they shouldn't trade him unless they get a decent haul, but don't not trade him for the sake of not trading him. You lost 99 games last season. You need more than Peavy.
- Varitek to the Tigers? Run Tigers Run!
No comments:
Post a Comment