16 November 2008

Sunday Spiels

There might be a revolt if he doesn't win the MVP.


What a wonderful Sunday morning. No papers. No projects. Just have to read a book or two.

- Apparently, CC Sabathia has already signed with the Yankees. At least, that's essentially what the article says.

- Pedro feels Manny's pain. The team that signs Manny hopes he doesn't feel Pedro's.

- The 171 free-agents.

- The White Sox are going to look really different next year. My favorite quote is at the beginning"

Cubs, schmubs. Let's concentrate on a team that can win a playoff game. Hmmm, what are those White Sox up to, anyhow?

- The Twins might make an offer to Casey Blake. Bad idea. He's not the middle of the order bat they need, and he's not a great defensive player, either.

- The Mariners are creating a stats department in their front office. They just became Rob Neyer's favorite team.

- The Mets are enjoying the flood of free-agent closers as it should bring their price down. You just watch, I bet they overpay anyway.

- The Phillies don't have much to look for this off-season. On a sort of related note, I keep hearing Baldelli's name mentioned in articles about NL teams. Can he play every day? I thought his mitchondrial disorder was supposed to keep him away from that for now.

- Pujols vs. Howard. Hey Albert, what are you going to say if you win the award this year over Howard, whose team made the playoffs? Karma. (I really like Pujols, but I hate when guys complain about not getting awards. I do realize he's been screwed a few times in his career, so maybe he and Halladay should start a club)

- The mid-tier free-agents.

- I threw up a little in my mouth. I a ... a ... gree with Bill Plaschke. My soul just died.

- Chris Young can't believe Hoffman's gone. He won't be able to believe it when he's gone as well.

No comments: