I hate Tuesdays. It's one of my long days, and it's at the beginning of the week. We're not quite over the hill, but we're tantalizingly close. Stupid Tuesdays.
- The Yankees are preparing to offer AJ Burnett a contract. In reality, they are preparing to sign all free-agents so that Hank can institute his idea of fairness.
- Dustin Pedroia wins the AL MVP. Personally, I have no problem with this selection. He was the centerpiece of a team where David Ortiz was slumping, Mike Lowell was ailing, and JD Drew didn't play more than 140 games. Arguments can be made for several guys, but you can't really have a problem for the "Rudy" story.
- Ticket prices go up in Tampa. Attendance somehow goes down.
- Politics and baseball. This time Cal Ripken Jr. is in the middle of it.
- Matt LaPorta and Brandon Wood were sent home from their respective Winter Leagues. Both were sucking pretty hard, but LaPorta had the flu.
- A Minnesota journalist voted for Pedroia. Uh oh ...
- Don Wakamatsu is the supposed front-runner for the Mariner's managerial job. Whachamacallem?
- Evan Grant remembers Josh Hamilton in the MVP race. If Kinsler and Young hadn't gotten hurt, he may have been able to win it.
- Dave O'Brien believes that the Peavy talks will be revisited. Now that Dempster is in Chicago, that almost seems to be a certainty, but didn't I say something like this last night?
- A Philly man thinks the MVP voting is out-of-whack. Hmm, I wonder why he would think so.
- Randy Johnson in Houston again? Richard Justice thinks so, but I have to say a rotation of Oswalt, Johnson, Pettite, Rodriguez, and Moehler doesn't particularly scare me.
- Day 12.
- Jeremy Affeldt signed with the Giants. Everyone seems to love this signing, and I have to admit that getting one of the top relievers for only two years is pretty good. But I still don't think he'll be all that great next season and definitely not worth $4M.
- One man's collection has become LA's museum.
- JC Bradbury doesn't get the love for Ryan Dempster. I don't either.
18 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment