Again, sorry for the lack of writing about these parts over the last few days. I have had two outlines due for research papers and the actual first draft of my 25 page senior thesis, so I haven't had a lot of time. Luckily, all those are done by the end of today, and the next few days should have some posts up. On that note, this is the 400th post so far, and I'm fairly proud of myself. Not too proud, but enough to make me smile. Anyway, on to today's links.
- Big Papi wants the Sox to add some more pop this winter. Maybe, if he just gets healthy, they don't need to spend exorbitant amounts of money on Teixeira. Just sayin'.
- Orioles change wardrobe, not that losing feeling.
- Greg Zaun was not happy with his time in Toronto. .237/.340/.359 doesn't exactly scream starting catcher, though, but I guess there are worse options.
- Zach Greinke won't sign a long-term deal for right now. I don't blame him. Who else wants to stay in Kansas City?
- Alexei Ramirez is just fine with his move to short. Hidden within the article is the fact that Bobby Jenks used to be in the Angels' organization. Can you imagine that bullpen?
- A woman knits a baby hat a night while watching the Tigers. It's better than biting her finger nails or trying cocaine as a nervous habit.
- Pat Neshek needs surgery. One of the most underrated bullpen arms just became more forgettable.
- Eric Chavez loves the Matt Holliday trade. You wanna know what would be more awesome? A full year of Eric Chavez!
- Joey Cora seems to think he already has the manager's job sewn up in Seattle. Maybe "we" should have a talk.
- Tyler Flowers is one of the most underrated prospects playing in the AFL. Will McCann have to move to make room?
- With all the infielders in Florida, who's next to be shipped off? My guess is Jorge Cantu. Sell high men!
- Evan Longoria and Geovany Soto won the Rookie of the Year Awards if you hadn't heard. Even if you hadn't heard, you should have just assumed.
- Salomon Torres retired out of nowhere, and now, the Brewers have to find a closer out of nowhere. Let's spend $10M on Eric Gagne!
- The Reds are interested in Will Taveras. Didn't they learn their lesson about low-OBP CF? Are you down with OBP? Apparently not. In another story, Dayton Moore salivates over the chance to get Taveras for a top pitching prospect ... just kidding Ron ... calm down buddy ... does anyone have a paper bag?
- Tim Lincecum won the NL Cy Young Award. No problem here even though Santana would have been a nice choice, too, but I heard through the grapevine that Edinson Volquez didn't get any votes because the BBWAA forgot he was a pitcher.
- LAD's offer to Manny will end Thursday. Manny walks away and gives them a dreadlock as a parting gift.
- The Padres want to switch Tyler Flowers for Gorkys Hernandez in the Peavy trade. No! NO! NNNOOOO!!! If they want him, they can have Flowers, Hernandez, and Morton but no Escobar. Stupid Padres pissing me off.
- Olney says it's interesting the Dodgers gave Manny an option after what happened in Boston. Uh, Buster, Boras gets paid this time. Huge difference. You're slipping man. Come on.
12 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Uh, I can think of about 1,000,000 people who want to stay in Kansas City.
However, anytime Trey Hillman, Dayton Moore or DAvid Glass want to go, I'll glady buy their bus ticket.
I meant the Royals, not the city, and it was a direct punch at those you mentioned. I have nothing against the lovely people in Kansas City. They've been through enough without me giving them guff.
I knew that. I guess I'm just overly sensitive.
Unfortanutely, however, you are sadly correct.
Post a Comment