19 June 2008

Reading Between the Lines

Update: Ricciardi told Olney that he let his guard down and said something stupid. You think? He is now in the process of trying to call Dunn and the Reds to apologize. Good luck. Just never walk in Cincinatti. Dunn's a big guy who could probabl kick Ricciardi's ***.


So J.P. Ricciardi said some really dumb things about Adam Dunn. None of them provoked. None of them make any sense. All of them show Ricciardi as a poor loser. Essentially, he said that Adam Dunn sucks and is a lazy SOB. Adam Dunn has every right to be pissed, so he says:


"I don’t know the clown. I don’t know, and you can use the word ‘clown’ if you like."

"I’ve seen it, I haven’t heard it. I really don’t care what one guy thinks, to be honest with you. If I’m a G.M., I don’t know that I’d go out of my way to discredit a player — if I’m a player. He’s obviously won more than me, I guess. Or hasn’t. I know nothing about him."

"He’s not even in our country. This guy’s in another country talking ****."

"I don’t care about the perception people have of me, if anything happens, it looks like I ain’t going to Toronto. I can eliminate one team. I’m not converting my dollars into looneys and twoneys just yet. They’re really good, actually."


Apparently, Dunn does care what Ricciardi thinks or he wouldn't have gone on a profanity spree which ends up in him saying that being in Canada makes Ricciardi dumb. First, where the **** did this come from? Second, Dunn has every right to be pissed, but he might want to apologize the Canadians he may have offended. As far as I am concerned, let Ricciardi have it. Reading between the lines, I think Ricciardi might actually want to get Dunn, but he's probably been asked about him thousands of times and failed to trade for him a couple. Therefore, he's pissed at everyone for pointing out that his team sucks and that he's failed as GM. So he let's a guy minding his own business in Cincinatti have it out of f***ing nowhere. In recap, not the best idea. I know he might want to bring some attention to his team, but I doubt this was the way.

No comments: