
Willie Randolph didn't know he was going to get fired. You've Got To Be Kidding Me. Right? This might be the most messed up part of this whole ordeal. Seriously? You didn't see all the articles? TV stories? Writings on the wall? I mean, really. He said, and I quote:
"I thought he was talking about whacking a couple of my coaches," the ex-manager told several New York-area newspapers Wednesday outside his home in Franklin Lakes, N.J.
"That's why I was stunned. I didn't think it was going to happen," Randolph said. "At the time, I felt the way he was talking to me, that I was pretty secure for the time being."
Wow. This also may point out just how backstabbing this whole thing has been. When Randolph had those meetings with the owners and Minaya a few weeks ago, apparently they convinced him that he was safe. How does that change so fast? Not only does that mean that there was no communication, there was no truth in the communication they did have. Second, Randolph used the term "whacking" for his coaches. That's not a very loving term. Granted, the ones "whacked" were probably his followers. But seriously, "stunned"?
No comments:
Post a Comment