
After leading his team to victory tonight, Gabe Kapler continues to be an inspirational story. IT's hard not to root for the guy. Before rupturing his Achilles tendon in 2005, Gabe Kapler was a rising minor leaguer in the Detroit Tigers organization. He was a number 1 prospect and Minor League Player of the Year. As a rookie in 1999, he hit 18 home runs in 400 at bats. He was traded the next season with Francisco Cordero to the Texas Rangers for, among others, Juan Gonzalez in a huge trade. He had a couple decent seasons until his power disappeared in 2002. He retired later in 2006 after a few years of good OBP but little else. Last season, he managed the Greenville Drive, the Class A team of the Boston Red Sox. Kapler decided to give it another try this season, and he got a contract with the Milwaukee. Looking at his stats now, he doesn't seem that impressive, but that's mainly because Mike Cameron came back from his suspension and Kapler lost playing time. So why do I care? Well, actually, does anyone remember some K-Swiss commercials from around 1997? He was part of a major campaign for their shoes because he was the Minor League Player of the Year. I don't wear K-Swiss (I'm not that cool), but for some reason, I was drawn to that commercial. I kept track of him since then. I promise I'm not stalking him, but I am glad to see that he's doing well again. Plus, his wife's pretty hot.
2 comments:
Yes i remember his kswiss commercials.I actually taught at the baseball school where he attended while playing in J/C.He called us one day and asked if anyone wanted to be in the next commercial with him and I decided to go to longbeach state ball field and was in the commercial with him.
roundingbases.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading roundingbases.blogspot.com every day.
payday cash
payday advance
Post a Comment