
I wrote a blog yesterday where I congratulated Bartolo Colon on his first win of the season, but this is a little different. This time, getting the first win was a matter of getting everyone of his back for at least five days. It's kind of pitiful. Zito used to be a part of the "Big Three" in Oakland with Mark Mulder and Tim Hudson. Out of those three, only Tim Hudson is still doing well (good because he is the one in Atlanta). Zito will be one of the biggest busts in Major League history, but he can still turn things around (albeit marginally). He has to regain some command and the use of that big, loopy curveball. Pitchers have and will always succeed with mid-80's fastballs. The trick is that they don't pitch like they have mid-90's fastballs. Zito is of the latter. He still throws his fastball up. Maybe I should send him some tapes of Tom Glavine.
No comments:
Post a Comment