
Not in the standings. God no. Ha ha ha ha, eh hmm. Anyway, the Pirates owner came out and has sent a tape of Nate McLouth's at bat that ended up with a broken maple bat breaking and gashing the face of a coach. Honestly, I am really impressed by the move. I think something needs to be done about the maple bats. I doubt that they really help hit the ball, but the way they break is so dangerous. I don't know how many times I have seen a bat break like that and head towards Chipper as he tries to field the ball. The entire time you know Chipper's thinking "Where is that bat? It's not going to impale me is it?" Ash bats don't break, they splinter. They shatter into a million harmless pieces. Maybe they break more often, but at least they won't hurt anyone. This is a great way of self-policing the sport, and if all owners tell their players to not use wooden bats, then a rule doesn't have to be legislated.
No comments:
Post a Comment