
Well, I guess Colon showed all his naysayers. He came out and fired 5 innings of two-run ball (not to mention several 94 mph fastballs). However, we have to remember that the season still has 110+ games left, and he needs to stay healthy. Yet, he made it back further and quicker than most expected. I cheer for guys like this to have successful comebacks because it adds a nice story to a game that can become over-scrutinized from a numbers and analysis point of view. It's nice to sit back and admire a guy coming back from injury. The only problem is that this is a luxury for a team that really doesn't need it. The Red Sox are already the best team in the majors (although not record-wise at the moment), and having another ace-type pitcher fall in their lap kind of makes me sick. I guess I have to remember that this makes it worse for the Yankees, so I'm for it. GO BARTOLO!
No comments:
Post a Comment