
During a game a few days ago, Orlando Cabrera phoned the official scorer to complain about unfair scoring when he was charged two errors. The errors were overturned. Yet, Cabrera still has a problem but this time with Ozzie Guillen, his manager, because Cabrera feels Guillen is not supporting him enough. Guillen states that he thinks Cabrera called for selfish reasons. Honestly, I have to agree with Guillen here. Why do you need to worry about your stats? He's not getting to the All-Star Game anyway. His bat took care of that. Most of the time, I agree with Ozzie Guillen, and even though he says more than he should, I see it as a breath of fresh air in a sport where most people tiptoe around the situation (ie. Omar Minaya and the Mets organization). Guillen admits that he doesn't support his player in this instance, but Cabrera makes it seem as though Guillen never supports him, which I doubt very seriously. Cabrera, just get over it. Play your game and let the official scorer do his job.
No comments:
Post a Comment