This doesn't happen very often, but the Royals have two ... interesting ... stories circulating over at KC Star. Let's go one at a time.
The first one is about the "Curse of the Shuttlecocks". A museum in Kansas City commissioned two Shuttlecocks, badmitton "balls", to be placed in the quad area out in front of the museum. Before the commission, the Chiefs and Royals were good teams, but after the commission, they were terrible teams (or at least inept, unable to win playoff games, unable to win many games at all). So, some guy went looking for the answer and arrived at these shuttlecocks (I think we should make that into a new curse word; who's with me?) because they arrived at the same time as the the decline of the two teams. Considering they are 18 feet long and this whole thing is ridiculous, both teams should be terrible for another 3 years.
The next one is about Kyle Davies. This is another "my therapist helped me through tough times, so I'm actually good now" story. Kyle Davies, by a stroke of luck, had a really good September, and he's giving credit to his "mental trainer" Buddy Biancalana. I give credit to the fact that he's a decently good (at least a fifth spot starter) pitcher who happened to put some things together for a month. Hell, Jorge Sosa was good for awhile, too, wasn't he?
Why did I bring up these stories? To type "shuttlecock" as much as possible in a post. Shuttlecock.
01 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don't I have enough pain?
Sorry Ron, I don't know why I keep picking on the Royals. I think it's to make me feel better, that the Braves situation is somehow better. But seriously, a "curse" because of a shuttlecock?
Post a Comment