31 July 2008

Do You Ever Wonder ...


How crazy the trade deadline actually is? All these experts and journalists with their "sources" never get anything right. They kept talking about Teixeira almost certainly going to the D-Backs. Oops, he went to the Angels (well, the Angels were technically in the discussion, but they were considered on the fringe of the discussions). No one saw the Pudge trade coming. No one saw the Griffey trade coming. We just keep looking at websites, finding the latest rumors, worrying that are teams are screwing up/missing out, and then ultimately it doesn't matter. I can't stop looking for more information because I want to know what's going on so badly. I want the Braves to sweep in and get Bay from the Pirates before he ends up in Boston. I want Will Ohman to be traded for Brandon Moss. I want Mark Kotsay dealt to a team for anything. Will it happen? I don't know. Even if the experts say it will, Ohman and Kotsay will still be Braves on Saturday.

No comments: